Monica Donohoe, MA, Professional Bio
Monica Donohoe, MA
Phone or Text 205.908.7497
monicaCdonohoe @ gmail.com
- Owner, Monica Donohoe Jewelry www.monicadonohoe.com
- Child Advocate, Consultant to Nonprofits and community activists.
- Certified Facilitator, Stewards of Children® training by Darkness to Light®
- Stewards of Children is the only nationally available program scientifically proven to increase knowledge, improve attitudes and change child-protective behaviors. This revolutionary program is for any responsible adult who cares about the welfare of children. It is also appropriate for youth-serving organizations (sports leagues, day care centers, after school programs, children's clubs, church groups and more). Stewards of Children is child abuse prevention training that is offered from Darkness to Light, a child advocacy organization.
- Program Coordinator, Financial Stability Partnership, United Way of the River Cities 11/2008-4/2010
- CEO/State Director, West Virginia Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) Association 12/2001-12/2007
- Among Skills Mastered
- Resource development
- Public Relations/Marketing
- Program Development
- Board of Directors Training
- Fundraising Training
- Accomplishments as CEO/ State Director:
- Testified before United States Congress on behalf Of National CASA for authorization and funding of over $23 million
- Served on Supreme Court Improvement Program Oversight Board, Legislative Action Team and Cross Coalition Team.
- Appointed to National CASA Lobby Delegation
- Appointed by Governor Bob Wise and Governor Joe Manchin (current US Senator) to the Governor’s Cabinet on Children and Families Citizen Advisory Council
- Psychotherapist: Licensed Professional Counselor, Family Service, Inc. 06/1998-07/2001
- In my diverse caseload I treated children, adolescents and adults with a variety of mood and behavioral disorders. I conducted family, marital/relationship counseling.
- Treated child/adult victims of abuse and juvenile/adult sex offenders.
- Upon the request of the court, I conducted multiphasic interviews to assess the threat level and likelihood of a sex offender to reoffend. I provided a comprehensive report for the Judge to use during sentencing.
- Designed and facilitated group therapy that included the following: Teen Group (adolescent girls), Children’s Group (child victims of sexual abuse), and Domestic Batterers Group (BIPPS).
- Conducted community needs assessments.
AND JUST A LITTLE MORE
- Master of Arts Degree, Counseling, Marshall University
CONTACT: (205) 908-6497 or MonicaCDonohoe@gmail.com